Flowers have many different meanings but they are mostly appreciated for their array of colours and the beautiful and very different scents that they possess. What makes them even more intriguing is where they exist. For those who get the opportunity to travel they also get the chance to experience flowers that they would never get to see in their home environment.
The Meaning of Flowers
Throughout the years there have been different sayings attached to flowers that are meant to send silent messages. In addition to this, there have been flowers assigned to each month to depict the birthdays that fall within that month. These are as follows:
- The month of January is celebrated with the carnation
- The month of February offers two choices which are the Iris and the Violet
- The month of March is the Daffodil
- The month of April is another month offering two choices which is the Daisy and the Sweet Pea
- The month of May is the beautiful Lily of the Valley
- The month of June is the most famous of perhaps of all flowers which is the rose
- The month of July offers the Larkspur and the Waterlily
- The month of August is the Glads which come in so many beautiful colours
- The month of September is the Aster
- The month of October is the Marigold which is the last remnants of the fall
- The month of November is the Mum
- The month of December brings not one but three for those having a birthday in this month which is the Narcissus, Holly and Poinsettia.
So for those who wish to buy flowers as a birthday gift, this is a handy list to follow to make the right choices. While its nice to know the meaning of flowers the best approach is to buy those which may be known as being a favourite of the recipient.